Here are my nails from the end of August to Mid-September. I have more Pinterest inspired nails, and some techniques I've never tried before. I hope you enjoy!
1. Blue with Glitter and Studs: I like the way this came out because it is pretty girly with the glitter, but at the same time its kind of edgy because of the ring finger. Studs are my favorite nail are decoration because they can completely change the look of the nails.
2. Blue and Purple Flames: I was inspired from a nail design I saw on pinterest to create this look. I achieved this look by using a toothpick and making stripes from the tip to the middle of the nail using different colors. My design came out a little messier than the one I saw on pinterest, so mine actually reminds me of flames more than stripes. I still enjoyed how this turned out though!
3. Feeling Lazy: For these nails I used Broadway Nails Impress Press-On Manicure, and this design is called "Holla!". I really love using these when I want a more complex design without actually spending time doing my nails. These only take me 5-10 minutes to apply and last about 5 days. And the whole week I get comments like, "Did you do that design yourself?!" from friends, and it feels pretty nice! Of course I tell them that they're just press on nails, but it still feels good haha.
4. Purple Nails with Magnet Stripe: I had originally planned on just painting my nails purple, but I got bored and decided to put a stripe in the center using Sally Hansen Magnetic nail polish. I kind of had issues with the tape I was using though, so it turned out messier than I had hoped it would look :S. It doesn't look that bad from the picture, but you can kind of see on my ring finger that the tape pulled off some of the polish. I don't know why I didn't just redo it; I guess I was feeling lazy this week too! I may try this again in the future with some different tape.
5. Pink Nails with Spider Web/Knit Accent Nail? I don't exactly know what to call that design, but these nails are my favorite, and I wore them the week of my birthday. I usually don't do a lot of intricate free-hand designs, but I definitely want to keep practicing in the future, because I really like how this came out. I decided to just do the ring finger because there was no way my non-dominate hand could do this on all five of my fingers on my dominate hand!
Which manicure do you like best? What's your favorite kind of nail art?