As 2014 comes to an end, I've been reflecting on some of the beauty products that played a substantial part in my beauty routine this year. Here are the products that immediately stood out to me as significant parts of my makeup collection for their performance in the past year.
1. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette: This was my reviewed in my second blog post of 2014, and it has been one of my most used palettes ever since. I have a lot of neutral palettes, but I always reach for this one because of it's versatility and combination of mattes and shimmers (and amazing chocolate smell). I can't even count how many times I've used this in eyeshadow looks that I've posted here in the past year!
2. Urban Decay Electric Palette: Bright eye looks can be intimidating to many people, but they are easily made wearable when paired with a neutral palette like the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. I love the variety of bright shades in the palette, and I've been blown away by the color payoff. If you are thinking about getting this palette, rest assured that each shade looks exactly the same on the skin as they do in the pan!
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Flushed: It should come as no surprise that I chose this blush as one of my favorites, because I just posted about it in my November Favorites. If you have not tried out Tarte's blushes, you are really missing out on amazing shades, color payoff, and staying power!
4. Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in Coconut: I would be crazy not to include this in my yearly favorites because I've gone through three of these this year! This powder provides a matte finish and awesome coverage. It's my go to powder on days that I want minimal makeup because of its quick and easy coverage and oil-control.
5. LA Girl Pro Concealer: This product didn't get much love from me on my blog this year, but I use it almost every time I wear face makeup! The consistency and pigmentation is perfect for blemishes. dark under-eye circles, and highlighting and contouring.
6. Mary Kay Bronzer in Bronze Diva: I'm so upset that this product has been discontinued because I didn't start loving it until Mary Kay replaced it with new bronzing powders. This product is an awesome shade for contouring, and it looks natural on my skin. Sadly, I've already gone through one of these, and this is the last one I have. I'll have to find a replacement soon!
7. Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Sienna Brulee: I'll have a full review on this lipstick coming soon, but this lipstick has become a huge favorite only recently. It was in my November Favorites post if you are interested in seeing more pictures and swatches. This shade is the perfect nude shade for me, which has taken me forever to find!
8. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless: If you've been following me for awhile, you already know about my obsession for purple lipsticks, and this is an amazing one! So amazing that I was on the hunt for it for months when it first came out. I wanted it so badly that I made it an exception to my No-Buy back in February. I am wearing it as I type this, and I love how smooth and non-drying it is. If you are a purple lover, this is a must-have!
I hope you enjoyed seeing my favorites for 2014, and I hope to find more awesome products in 2015! What products have been staples in your makeup routine this year?