Skincare Routine 2015
I can't even remember the last time I updated you guys on my most used skincare products. I used to get caught up in trying lots of new things, but recently I've tried to minimize the products I use everyday. For reference, I have oily, somewhat acne-prone skin.
These are the products I use on a daily basis:
1. Mary Kay Clear Proof Cleanser: This product contains salicylic acid, which is an acne fighting ingredient. I find that this does a nice job of keeping my acne-prone skin controlled, and my face feels so fresh after using it. I also like the gel consistency, and it works up a pretty rich lather.
2. Mary Kay Clear Proof Toner: This product also has salicylic acid. I use it right after cleansing as another acne controlling step, and in order to restore the natural ph of my skin. I apply this by squirting a little onto a cotton pad and wiping it all over my face, avoiding the eye area. This is a great toner because it doesn't feel extremely drying on the face.
3. Modere Antioxidant Gel: This gel contains lots of vitamin c, so it has helped my skin with lightening dark marks from acne scars. After smoothing this on, my skin feels extremely soft, similar to the feel of silicone primers.
4. L'Oreal Ideal Moisture Day Lotion: I started using this one day just because I ran out of the moisturizer I normally use, and I have loved this ever since! And I have been using this same bottle forever because it lasts so long. This makes my face feel so smooth and hydrated, but it doesn't feel too heavy on my oily skin. It's also nice that it contains SPF.
These the products I use a few times a week:
5. Mary Kay Facial Cleansing Cloths: I use these to take off my makeup whenever I wear it. I think these wipes are pretty cool because they are dry and you use water to activate the cleanser. I like these wipes because they do a great job of removing all of my face makeup and my eye makeup with one wipe.
6. InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask: Anytime my skin starts acting up and breaking up, I use this mask to dry up the spots. It is very powerful, and it also works very well to control my oil.
7. Japanese Konjac Sponge: I use this sponge a few times a week with my cleanser to for a deep cleanse. It works as a gentle exfoliator too.
What products are most important to your skincare routine? Have you tried any of these?